Lonely Planet Australia (Travel Guide) (18th Edition)
Author(s): Lonely Planet
Lonely PlanetAustraliais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. While away the day on Sydney's Bondi Beach; explore tropical jungle in ancient Daintree Rainforest; and experience the unique Indigenous culture of the Tiwi Islands; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
- Colourmaps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - culture, history, art, film, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, environment, sport
- Free, convenient pull-outSydney map (included in print version), plus more than 190maps
- Covers Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Barrier Reef, Darwin, Uluru, Perth, Queensland, Adelaide, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, Canberra, the Great Ocean Road, Cairns, Daintree Rainforest, Brisbane, Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Margaret River, Phillip Island, Launceston and more
The Perfect Choice:Lonely PlanetAustralia, our most comprehensive guide to Australia, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check outDiscover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Sydney or Melbourne? Check out Lonely Planet'sSydneyandMelbourne & Victoria guides for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer, orPocket Melbourne,a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Meg Worby, Carolyn Bain, Celeste Brash, Kate Armstrong, Brett Atkinson, Peter Dragicevich, Anthony Ham, Paul Harding, Alan Murphy, Miriam Raphael, Benedict Walker, Steve Waters.
About Lonely Planet:Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 in the Favorite Travel Guide category.
- : 9781743213889
- : Lonely Planet Publications
- : Lonely Planet Publications
- : 0.5
- : June 2015
- : 197mm X 128mm
- : Australia
- : books
- : Lonely Planet
- : Paperback
- : 18th Revised edition
- : en
- : 919.4
- : General Adult
- : bl2015045825
- : 1112
- : 193 maps