Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
Paperback $19.99 - RANDOM HOUSE UK
Biography & Memoir - Published: 1/May/2012 - ISBN: 9780099556091
"In 1985 Jeanette Winterson's first novel, Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, was published. It was Jeanette's version of the story of a terraced house in Accrington, an adopted child, and the thwarted giantess Mrs Winterson. It was a cover story, a painful past written over and repainted. It was a story of survival. This book is that story's the silent twin. It is full of hurt and humour and a fierce love of life. It is about the pursuit of happiness, about lessons in love, the search for a mother and a journey into madness and out again. It is generous, honest and true." "Jeanette Winterson OBE is the author of ten novels, including The Passion, Sexing the Cherry and Written on the Body, a book of short stories, The World and Other Places, a collection of essays, Art Objects as well as many other works, including children's books, screenplays and journalism. Her writing has won the Whitbread Award for Best First Novel, the John Llewellyn Rhys Memorial Prize, the E. M. Forster Award and the Prix d'argent at Cannes Film Festival. Visit her website at www.jeanettewinterson.com"
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Biography & Memoir titles.
- Frankissstein: A Love Story Hardback $32.99
- Gut Symmetries Paperback $19.99
- Lighthousekeeping Paperback $20.99
- Love: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- The Daylight Gate Paperback $22.99
- The Gap of Time: The Winter's Tale Retold (Hogarth Shakespeare) Paperback $22.99
- The Passion Paperback $19.99
- Weight Paperback $19.99
- Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? Paperback $19.99