Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat
Paperback $24.99 - Macmillan UK
Science - Published: 1/Dec/2011 - ISBN: 9780330523622
"Oliver Sacks has become the world's best-known neurologist. His case studies of broken minds offer brilliant insight into the mysteries of consciousness". ("Guardian"). In his most extraordinary book, Oliver Sacks recounts the stories of patients lost in the bizarre, apparently inescapable world of neurological disorders. These are case studies of people who have lost their memories and with them the greater part of their pasts; who are no longer able to recognize people or common objects; whose limbs have become alien; and, who are afflicted and yet are gifted with uncanny artistic or mathematical talents. In Dr Sacks' splendid and sympathetic telling, each tale is a unique and deeply human study of life struggling against incredible adversity. "Populated by a cast as strange as that of the most fantastic fiction ...Dr Sacks shows the awesome powers of our mind and just how delicately balanced they have to be". ("Sunday Times"). "This book is for everybody who has felt from time to time that certain twinge of self-identity and sensed how easily, at any moment, one might lose it". ("The Times"). "A gripping journey into the recesses of the human mind". ("Daily Mail").
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Science titles.
- Everything in its Place Hardback $39.99
- Gratitude Hardback $22.99
- Hallucinations Paperback $22.99
- Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat Paperback $24.99
- Migraine Paperback $24.99
- Musicophilia Paperback $24.99
- Oliver Sacks The Last Interview and Other Conversations Paperback $29.99
- On the Move: A Life Paperback $22.99
- The River of Consciousness Paperback $19.99
- Uncle Tungsten Paperback $24.99