Paperback $22.99 - Penguin Books Ltd
Fiction - Published: 10/May/2010 - ISBN: 9780141042015
'There is no Light without Darknesse and no Substance without Shaddowe'So proclaims Nicholas Dyer, assistant to Sir Christopher Wren and the man with a commission to build seven London churches to stand as beacons of the enlightenment. But Dyer plans to conceal a dark secret at the heart of each church - to create a forbidding architecture that will survive for eternity. Two hundred and fifty years later, London detective Nicholas Hawksmoor is investigating a series of gruesome murders on the sites of certain eighteenth-century churches - crimes that make no sense to the modern mind . . . 'Chillingly brilliant . . . sinister and stunningly well executed' Independent on SundayPeter Ackroyd was born in London in 1949. A novelist, biographer and historian, he has been the literary editor of The Spectator and chief book reviewer for the The Times, as well as writing several highly acclaimed books including a biography of Dickens and London: The Biography. He lives in London.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Canterbury Tales: Retelling by Peter Ackroyd $22.99
- Civil War Paperback $22.99
- Dominion Paperback $32.99
- Foundation Paperback $22.99
- Hawksmoor Paperback $22.99
- Queer City: Gay London from the Romans to the Present Day Paperback $22.99
- Revolution Paperback $22.99
- Tudors: A History of England Volume II Paperback $22.99