Paperback / softback $9.99 - HarperCollins Publishers
Classics - Published: 22/Aug/2018 - ISBN: 9780008296476
HarperCollins is proud to present its incredible range of best-loved, essential classics.
`She had been forced into prudence in her youth, she learned romance as she grew older: the natural sequel of an unnatural beginning.'
Written at the end of the Napoleonic Wars, Persuasion is a tale of love, heartache and the determination of one woman as she strives to reignite a lost love.
Anne Elliot is persuaded by her friends and family to reject a marriage proposal from Captain Wentworth because he lacks in fortune and rank. More than seven years later, when he returns home from the Navy, Anne realises she still has strong feelings for him, but Wentworth only appears to have eyes for a friend of Anne's.
Moving, tender, but intrinsically `Austen' in style, with it's satirical portrayal of the vanity of society in eighteenth-century England, Persuasion celebrates enduring love and hope.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Classics titles.
- A Novel Journal: Pride and Prejudice Paperback $19.99
- Emma: 200th-Anniversary Annotated Edition Paperback $26.99
- Lady Susan: Little Black Classics Paperback $4.99
- Love and Freindship: And Other Youthful Writings Paperback $24.99
- Marriage: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- Northanger Abbey $12.99
- Persuasion Paperback / softback $9.99
- Pride And Prejudice Paperback $17.99
- Pride and Prejudice: Penguin English Library Paperback $14.99
- Sense & Sensibility Paperback / softback $9.99