Paperback $22.99 - Bloomsbury
Philosophy, Politics & Current Affairs - Published: 7/Jan/2019 - ISBN: 9781788731348
Surveying the transformation of San Francisco in the early millenium by Silicon Valley, Solnit explores the impact of skyrocketing rents, architectural homogenisation, and the links between artists and gentrification. Wealth, she argues, is just as capable of ravaging cities as poverty. Schwartzenberg 's photographs memorialise San Francisco 's vanishing spaces of civic memory and public life. Both a portrait of an acute crisis and a call to defend collective public life, Hollow City makes a fervent case for the imaginative potential of cities.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Philosophy, Politics & Current Affairs titles.
- A Field Guide To Getting Lost Paperback $22.99
- Hollow City Paperback $22.99
- Men Explain Things to Me Hardback $24.99
- Mother of All Questions Paperback / softback $26.99
- The Faraway Nearby Paperback $21.99
- The Mother of All Questions Hardback $24.99
- Unfathomable City: A New Orleans Atlas Paperback $49.95
- Wanderlust Paperback $22.99