Gerald Murnane: Collected Short Fiction
Paperback $34.95 - Giramondo Publishing
Fiction - Published: 1/Apr/2018 - ISBN: 9781925336641
A definitive collection that brings together Gerald Murnane’s shorter works of fiction, most of which have been out of print for the past twenty five years. It includes such fine pieces as ‘When the Mice Failed to Arrive’, ‘Stream System’, ‘First Love’, ‘Emerald Blue’, and ‘The Interior of Gaaldine’, a story which holds the key to the long break in his career and heralds the later work in Barley Patch and Border Districts. Murnane's distinctive prose shines in sensitive portraits of family members – parents, uncles and aunts, and particularly children – and in his probing of situations which contain anxiety and embarrassment, shame or delight.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Barley Patch Paperback $27.95
- Border Districts Paperback $24.95
- Gerald Murnane: Collected Short Fiction Paperback $34.95
- Green Shadows and other poems Paperback / softback $24.00
- Invisible Yet Enduring Lilacs Paperback $24.95
- Landscape with Landscape Paperback $26.95
- Lifetime on Clouds: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Plains: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Season On Earth Hardback $39.99
- Something for the Pain: A Memoir of the Turf Paperback $23.99