Death Of A River Guide
Paperback $19.99 - Penguin Australia Pty Ltd
Fiction - Published: 19/Mar/2018 - ISBN: 9780143790754
From the winner of the Man Booker Prize. Death of a River Guide, Richard Flanagan's debut novel, is widely regarded as a classic in Australian literature.
Beneath a waterfall on the Franklin, Aljaz Cosini, river guide, lies drowning. Beset by visions at once horrible and fabulous, he relives not just his own life but that of his family and forebears. In the rainforest waters that rush over him he sees those lives stripped of their surface realities, and finds a world where dreaming reasserts its power over thinking. As the river rises, his visions grow more turbulent, and in the flood of his past Aljaz discovers the soul history of his country. Richard Flanagan was born in Tasmania in 1961. His novels Death of a River Guide, The Sound of One Hand Clapping, Gould's Book of Fish, The Unknown Terrorist, Wanting and The Narrow Road to the Deep North have received numerous honours and are published in 42 countries. He won the Man Booker Prize for The Narrow Road to the Deep North in 2014. From the winner of the Man Booker Prize. Death of a River Guide, Richard Flanagan's debut novel, is widely regarded as a classic in Australian literature.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- And What Do You Do, Mr Gable? Paperback $19.99
- Australian Disease: On the Decline of Love and the Rise of Non-Freedom: Short Black 1 The Paperback $6.99
- Death Of A River Guide Paperback $19.99
- First Person Paperback $22.99
- First Person Hardback $39.99
- Gould's Book Of Fish Paperback $19.99
- Narrow Road to the Deep North Paperback $19.99
- Notes on an Exodus Paperback $9.99
- Seize the Fire: Three Speeches Paperback $12.99
- Sound Of One Hand Clapping Paperback / softback $19.99
- Unknown Terrorist Paperback $19.99