The Mother of All Questions
Hardback $24.99 - Granta
New Hardbacks - Published: 27/Sep/2017 - ISBN: 9781783783557
A new collection of 'further feminisms' - searing, smart and provocative essays from one of the most important public intellectuals writing today. Following on from the success of Men Explain Things to Me comes a new collection of essays in which Rebecca Solnit opens up a feminism for all of us: one that doesn't stigmatize women's lives, whether they include spouses and children or not; that brings empathy to the silences in men's lives as well as the silencing of women's lives; celebrates the ways feminism has shifted in recent years to reclaim rape jokes, revise canons, and rethink our everyday lives. Rebecca Solnit is author of, among other books, Men Explain Things To Me, Wanderlust, A Field Guide to Getting Lost, the NBCC award-winning River of Shadows and A Paradise Built in Hell. A contributing editor to Harper's, she writes regularly for the London Review of Books and the Los Angeles Times. She lives in San Francisco.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more New Hardbacks titles.
- A Field Guide To Getting Lost Paperback $22.99
- Hollow City Paperback $22.99
- Hope In The Dark Paperback $22.99
- Men Explain Things to Me Hardback $24.99
- Mother of All Questions Paperback / softback $26.99
- The Faraway Nearby Paperback $21.99
- The Mother of All Questions Hardback $24.99
- Unfathomable City: A New Orleans Atlas Paperback $49.95
- Wanderlust Paperback $22.99