Calm: Vintage Minis
Paperback $7.99 - RANDOM HOUSE UK
Anthologies, Essays & Journals - Published: 29/May/2017 - ISBN: 9781784872595
How do we find calm in our frantic modern world? Tim Parks - lifelong cynic and spirituality-sceptic - finds himself on a Buddhist meditation retreat trying to answer this very question. With brutal honesty and dry wit, he recounts his journey from disbelief to inner peace and tackles one of the great mysteries of our time - how to survive in this modern age. Selected from the book Teach us to Sit Still by Tim Parks VINTAGE MINIS- GREAT MINDS. BIG IDEAS. LITTLE BOOKS. Also in the Vintage Minis series- Swimming by Roger Deakin Motherhood by Helen Simpson Work by Joseph Heller Liberty by Virginia Woolf Born in Manchester, Tim Parks grew up in London and studied at Cambridge and Harvard. He lives in Milan. He is the acclaimed author of novels, non-fiction and essays, including Europa, Cleaver, A Season with Verona, Teach Us to Sit Still and Italian Ways. He has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize, won the Somerset Maugham Award, the Betty Trask Prize, The John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, the John Florio Prize and the Italo Calvino Prize.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Anthologies, Essays & Journals titles.
- A Literary Tour of Italy Hardback $35.00
- A Literary Tour of Italy Paperback $21.99
- Calm: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- Italian Neighbors Paperback $30.99
- Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo Paperback $19.99
- Life and Work Hardback $55.95
- Teach Us to Sit Still Paperback $24.99
- Thomas and Mary: A Love Story Paperback $19.99
- Where I'm Reading From: The Changing World of Books Hardback $34.99