Hardback $34.99 - Bloomsbury
Art & Design - Published: 1/Jan/2017 - ISBN: 9781784785840
Through Berger's penetrating engagement with the writers and artists who shaped his own thought; Walter Benjamin,Rosa Luxemburg, Bertolt Brecht among them, Landscapes allows us to understand how Berger came to his own way of seeing. As always, Berger pushes at the limits of art writing, demonstrating beautifully how his painter's eyes lead him to refer to himself only as a storyteller. A landscape is, to John Berger, like a portrait; an animating, liberating metaphor rather than a rigid definition. It's a term, too, that reminds us that there is more here than simply the backdrop, or 'by-work' of a portrait.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Art & Design titles.
- 9780747599579g Paperback $23.99
- About Looking Paperback $23.99
- And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief Paperback $23.95
- Confabulations Paperback $16.99
- G Paperback $19.99
- G: a Novel Paperback $35.00
- Hold Everything Dear Paperback $19.99
- Landscapes Hardback $34.99
- Landscapes Paperback $32.99
- Red Tenda of Bologna Paperback $2.50