Atmosphere of Hope: Searching for Solutions to the Climate Crisis
Paperback $24.99 - The Text Publishing Company
Science - Published: 1/Aug/2016 - ISBN: 9781925355406
"A decade after his internationally bestselling The Weather Makers, acclaimed scientist and author Tim Flannery argues that Earth's climate system is approaching a crisis. Catastrophe is not inevitable, but time is fast running out. Atmosphere of Hope provides both a snapshot of the trouble we are in and an up-to-the-minute analysis of some of the new possibilities for mitigating climate change that are emerging now. From atmospheric carbon capture through extensive seaweed farming, CO2 snow production in Antarctica and the manufacture of carbon-rich biochar to reflecting the sun's rays by releasing sulphur into the atmosphere and painting landscapes and cities white, Flannery outlines an arrayof innovative technologies that give cause for hope." "Tim Flannery has published over thirty books including the award-winning The Future Eaters, The Weather Makers and Here on Earth and the novel The Mystery of the Venus Island Fetish. In 2005 he was named Australian Humanist of the Year, and in 2007 Australian of the Year. In 2007 he co-founded and was appointed Chair of the Copenhagen Climate Council. In 2011 he became Australia's Chief Climate Commissioner, and in 2013 he founded and heads the Australian Climate Council. His latest book is Atmosphere of Hope: Searching for Solutions to theClimate Crisis "
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Science titles.
- Atmosphere of Hope: Searching for Solutions to the Climate Crisis Paperback $24.99
- Eternal Frontier: an Ecological History of North America & Its Peoplles The Paperback $24.95
- Europe: A Natural History Paperback $34.99
- Explorers: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Sunlight and Seaweed: An Argument for How to Feed, Power and Clean Up the World Paperback $19.99
- Throwim Way Leg Paperback $24.95