Walk In The Woods
Paperback $24.99 - Transworld Publishers Ltd
Travel - Published: 13/Aug/2015 - ISBN: 9781784161446
In the company of his friend Stephen Katz (last seen in the bestselling Neither Here nor There), Bill Bryson set off to hike the Appalachian Trail, the longest continuous footpath in the world. Ahead lay almost 2,200 miles of remote mountain wilderness filled with bears, moose, bobcats, rattlesnakes, poisonous plants, disease-bearing tics, the occasional chuckling murderer and - perhaps most alarming of all - people whose favourite pastime is discussing the relative merits of the external-frame backpack. Facing savage weather, merciless insects, unreliable maps and a fickle companion whose profoundest wish was to go to a motel and watch The X-Files, Bryson gamely struggled through the wilderness to achieve a lifetime's ambition - not to die outdoors.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Travel titles.
- A Really Short History of Nearly Everything Hardback $39.95
- At Home: A Short History of Private Life Paperback $24.99
- Down Under: Travels in a Sunburned Country Paperback $24.99
- Notes From A Small Island: Journey Through Britain Paperback $24.99
- One Summer: America 1927 Paperback $24.99
- The Body: A Guide for Occupants Hardback $49.99
- The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island Paperback $24.99
- Walk In The Woods Paperback $24.99