Paperback $19.99 - RANDOM HOUSE UK
Fiction - Published: 1/Sep/2014 - ISBN: 9780099598329
"Henri had a passion for Napoleon and Napoleon had a passion for chicken. From Boulogne to Moscow Henri butchered for his Emperor and never killed a single man. Meanwhile, in Venice, the city of chance and disguises, Villanelle was born with the webbed feet of her boatman father - but in the casinos she gambled her heart and lost. As the soldier-chef's love for Napoleon turns to hate he finds the Venetian beauty, and together they flee to the canals of darkness." "Jeanette Winterson OBE was born in Manchester. Adopted by Pentecostal parents she was raised to be a missionary. This did and didn't work out. Discovering early the power of books she left home at 16 to live in a Mini and get on with her education. After graduating from Oxford University she worked for a while in the theatre and published her first novel at 25. Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit is based on her own upbringing but using herself as a fictional character. She scripted the novel into a BAFTA-winning BBC drama. 27 years later she re-visited that material in the bestselling memoir Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? She has written 10 novels for adults, as well as children's books, non-fiction and screenplays. She writes regularly for the Guardian. She lives in the Cotswolds in a wood and in Spitalfields, London. She believes that art is for everyone and it is her mission to prove it."
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Courage Calls to Courage Everywhere Hardback $19.99
- Frankissstein: A Love Story Hardback $32.99
- Frankissstein: A Love Story Paperback $29.99
- Gut Symmetries Paperback $19.99
- Love: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- The Daylight Gate Paperback $22.99
- The Gap of Time: The Winter's Tale Retold (Hogarth Shakespeare) Paperback $22.99
- The Passion Paperback $19.99
- Weight Paperback $19.99
- Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? Paperback $19.99