Levels of Life
Paperback $19.99 - RANDOM HOUSE UK
Biography & Memoir - Published: 1/Apr/2014 - ISBN: 9780099584537
"You put together two things that have not been put together before. And the world is changed i> /i> In Levels of Life Julian Barnes gives us Nadar, the pioneer balloonist and aerial photographer; he gives us Colonel Fred Burnaby, reluctant adorer of the extravagant Sarah Bernhardt; then, finally, he gives us the story of his own grief, unflinchingly observed. This is a book of intense honesty and insight; it is at once a celebration of love and a profound examination of sorrow." "Julian Barnes was born in Leicester and moved to London in 1946. He is the author of twenty books, and in 2011 won the Man Booker Prize for The Sense of an Ending. He met Pat Kavanagh in 1978. Pat Kavanagh was born in South Africa and moved to London in 1964. She worked in advertising and then, for forty years, as a literary agent. She married Julian Barnes in 1979, and died in 2008."
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Biography & Memoir titles.
- Before She Met Me Paperback $19.99
- Death: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- Flauberts Parrot Paperback $19.99
- History Of The World In 10 And A Half Chapters Paperback $19.99
- Levels of Life Paperback $19.99
- Only Story Paperback / softback $19.99
- Pulse Paperback $24.99
- Sense of an Ending Paperback $19.99
- The Noise of Time Paperback $19.99
- The Only Story Hardback $32.99