Paperback $19.99 - Faber
Biography & Memoir - Published: 1/Nov/2013 - ISBN: 9780571283248
Paul Auster's unforgettable account of the abandonment of his family by his father, told from the point of view of his mother. In Winter Journal, Auster presents the abandonment of the family by his father from his mother's point of view: her struggle as a single mother; love found again late in life, a love that was short-lived; her troubled later years and, finally, her death - and the subsequent anxiety attacks Auster suffered in the face of her death...In Winter Journal Auster moves through the events of his life in a random series of memories grasped from the point of view of his life now: playing baseball as a teenager; participating in the anti-Vietnam demonstrations at Columbia University; seeking out prostitutes in Paris, almost killing his second wife and child in a car accident; falling in and out of live with his first wife.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Biography & Memoir titles.
- 4 3 2 1 Paperback $32.99
- 4 3 2 1 Paperback $24.99
- Collected Poems Paperback $35.00
- In the Country of Last Things Paperback $19.99
- Moon Palace Paperback $19.99
- Music of Chance Paperback $19.99
- Red Notebook Paperback $19.99
- The Invention of Solitude Paperback $19.99
- The New York Trilogy Paperback $19.99
- Winter Journal Paperback $19.99