Paperback $24.95 - Giramondo Publishing Co
Fiction - Published: 1/May/2013 - ISBN: 9781922146281
With Giramondo's publication of Barley Patch and A History of Books, Gerald Murnane has attracted renewed interest as a brilliant writer and Nobel Prize contender. First published 25 years ago, Inland is one of Murnane's most complex and rewarding works, a study of guilt, longing and regret rich in metaphysical insights. From his native district in the Melbourne suburb of Pascoe Vale, Murnane's narrator imagines another world, in Szolnok county Hungary, and within that world another, in Ideal South Dakota, each haunted by the betrayal of a young girl, each driven by the possibility of restitution. Murnane's mastery over language and his pressing towards the edges of what fiction can accomplish make this book a landmark in Australian literature.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- A Million Windows Paperback $26.95
- Barley Patch Paperback $27.95
- Border Districts Paperback $24.95
- Gerald Murnane: Collected Short Fiction Paperback $34.95
- Green Shadows and other poems Paperback / softback $24.00
- Inland Paperback $24.95
- Invisible Yet Enduring Lilacs Paperback $24.95
- Landscape with Landscape Paperback $26.95
- Lifetime on Clouds: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Plains Hardback $24.99
- Plains: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Something for the Pain: A Memoir of the Turf Paperback $23.99