Death Of A River Guide
Paperback $19.99 - RANDOM HOUSE AUSTRALIA
Fiction - Published: 1/Feb/2012 - ISBN: 9781742755106
"From the winner of the Man Booker Prize. Death of a River Guide, Richard Flanagan s debut novel, is widely regarded as a classic in Australian literature. Beneath a waterfall on the Franklin, Aljaz Cosini, river guide, lies drowning. Beset by visions at once horrible and fabulous, he relives not just his own life but that of his family and forebears. In the rainforest waters that rush over him he sees those lives stripped of their surface realities, and finds a world where dreaming reasserts its power over thinking. As the river rises, his visions grow more turbulent, and in the flood of his past Aljaz discovers the soul history of his country." "Richard Flanagan was born in Longford, Tasmania, in 1961. His novels are published in thirty-eight countries and have received numerous honours, including the Man Booker Prize for The Narrow Road to the Deep North. A rapid on the Franklin River is named after him." "From the winner of the Man Booker Prize. Death of a River Guide, Richard Flanagan s debut novel, is widely regarded as a classic in Australian literature."
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- And What Do You Do, Mr Gable? Paperback $19.99
- Australian Disease: On the Decline of Love and the Rise of Non-Freedom: Short Black 1 The Paperback $6.99
- Death Of A River Guide Paperback $19.99
- First Person Hardback $39.99
- Gould's Book of Fish Paperback $14.99
- Notes on an Exodus Paperback $9.99
- Sound Of One Hand Clapping, The Paperback $19.99
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North Paperback $19.99
- Unknown Terrorist Paperback $19.99