Man Who Loved Children
Paperback $32.99 - Melbourne University Press
Fiction - Published: 1/Dec/2010 - ISBN: 9780522855548
'I am convinced that tens of thousands of people would bless the day that this book was published, if only they could be exposed to it.' JONATHAN FRANZEN 'The Man Who Loved Children' is Christina Stead's masterpiece about family life. Sam and Henny Pollit are a warring husband and wife, he a fully blown narcissist and she spoiled and prone to fits of despair. Their hatred, aggravated by too little money and too many children, lies at the centre of this chilling and brilliantly observed novel about relations between parents and children, husbands and wives. *Available in November
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Beauties and Furies: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Cotter's England Paperback $29.99
- House of All Nations Paperback $24.99
- Little Hotel: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Man Who Loved Children Paperback $32.99
- Puzzleheaded Girl: Text Classics The Paperback $12.95
- Seven Poor Men of Sydney Paperback $24.99
- Talking into the Typewriter Paperback $29.99
- Web of Friendship Paperback $32.99