God of Small Things
Paperback $19.99 - HarperCollins Publishers
Fiction - Published: 6/Oct/1997 - ISBN: 9780006550686
'They all broke the rules. They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much.' This is the story of Rahel and Estha, twins growing up among the banana vats and peppercorns of their blind grandmother's factory, and amid scenes of political turbulence in Kerala. Armed only with the innocence of youth, they fashion a childhood in the shade of the wreck that is their family: their lonely, lovely mother, their beloved Uncle Chacko (pickle baron, radical Marxist, bottom-pincher) and their sworn enemy, Baby Kochamma (ex-nun, incumbent grand-aunt). Arundhati Roy's Booker Prize-winning novel was the literary sensation of the 1990s: a story anchored to anguish but fuelled by wit and magic.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- God of Small Things Paperback $19.99
- Ministry Of Utmost Happiness, The Paperback $19.99
- Ministry of Utmost Happiness, The Hardback $49.99
- My Seditious Heart Hardback $65.00
- Things That Can and Cannot Be Said: Penguin Special Paperback $12.99