Fence Around the Cuckoo: Text Classics A
Paperback $12.95 - The Text Publishing Company
Fiction - Published: 5/Mar/2019 - ISBN: 9781925773385
This first volume of Ruth Park?s autobiography is an account of her isolated childhood in the rainforests of New Zealand, her convent education which encouraged her love of words and writing, and the bitter years of the Depression. She then entered the rough-and-tumble world of journalism and began a reluctant correspondence with a young Australian writer. In 1942, Park moved to Sydney and married that writer, D?Arcy Niland. There she would write The Harp in the South, the first of her classic Australian novels. A Fence Around the Cuckoo is the story of one of Australia?s best storytellers and how she learnt her craft. Born in New Zealand in 1917, Ruth Park spent most of her adult life in Australia. She was widely read and well-loved for her books, which were as equally successful for adults as for children. She is best known for the novels The Harp in the South, Poor Man?s Orange and Swords and Crowns and Rings, for which she won the 1977 Miles Franklin Award The first volume of autobiography by celebrated writer Ruth Park, author of the The Harp in the South and winner of the Miles Franklin Award, the Age Book of the Year and the Colin Roderick Award.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Fence Around the Cuckoo: Text Classics A Paperback $12.95
- Fishing in the Styx: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Harp in the South Novels Paperback $29.99
- Harp in the South: Popular Penguins Paperback $12.99
- Playing Beatie Bow: Popular Penguin Edition $12.99
- Swords and Crowns and Rings: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- When the Wind Changed Paperback / softback $14.99