House of Sleep
Paperback / softback $19.99 - Penguin Books Ltd
Fiction - Published: 27/Aug/2014 - ISBN: 9780241967744
Sarah is a narcoleptic who has dreams so vivid she mistakes them for real events; Robert has his life changed for ever by the misunderstandings arising from her condition; Terry, the insomniac, spends his wakeful nights fuelling his obsession with movies; and the increasingly unstable Dr Gregory Dudden sees sleep as a life-shortening disease which must be eradicated . . .
A group of students sharing a house. They fall in and out of love, they drift apart. Yet a decade later they are drawn back together by a series of coincidences involving their obsession with sleep - and each other . . .
'Moving, clever, pleasurable, smart . . . one of the best books of the year.' Malcolm Bradbury, The Times
'There are bits that make you laugh out loud and others which make your heart ache.' Guardian
'Fiercely clever, witty, wise, hopeful . . . a compellingly beautiful tale of love and loss.' The Times Literary Supplement
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Accidental Woman Paperback / softback $19.99
- Dwarves of Death Paperback / softback $22.99
- House of Sleep Paperback / softback $19.99
- Middle England Paperback $32.99
- Number 11 Paperback / softback $19.99
- Rain Before it Falls Paperback / softback $22.99
- Terrible Privacy Of Maxwell Sim Paperback / softback $19.99
- What a Carve Up! Paperback $19.99