Right Ho, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster)
Paperback $19.99 - RANDOM HOUSE UK
Fiction - Published: 3/Sep/2018 - ISBN: 9781787461031
'P.G. Wodehouse wrote the best English comic novels of the century' Sebastian Faulks
'Jeeves, I'm engaged.'
'I hope you will be very happy, sir.'
'Don't be an ass. I'm engaged to Miss Bassett.'
Bertie is feeling most put out when he finds that his friend Gussie is seeking relationship advice from Jeeves. Meanwhile Aunt Dahlia has asked Bertie to present awards at a school prize-giving ceremony. In a stroke of genius, Bertie realises he can kill two birds with one stone, palming off his prize-giving duties to Gussie by assuring him that the object of his affections will be there.
Several terrible misunderstandings later and facing chaos, Bertie turns, yet again, to Jeeves who swiftly and ingeniously saves the day.
'Sublime comic genius' Ben Elton Pelham Grenville Wodehouse (always known as 'Plum') wrote more than ninety novels and some three hundred short stories over 73 years. He is widely recognised as the greatest 20th-century writer of humour in the English language.
Perhaps best known for the escapades of Bertie Wooster and Jeeves, Wodehouse also created the world of Blandings Castle, home to Lord Emsworth and his cherished pig, the Empress of Blandings. His stories include gems concerning the irrepressible and disreputable Ukridge; Psmith, the elegant socialist; the ever-so-slightly-unscrupulous Fifth Earl of Ickenham, better known as Uncle Fred; and those related by Mr Mulliner, the charming raconteur of The Angler's Rest, and the Oldest Member at the Golf Club.
In 1936 he was awarded the Mark Twain Prize for 'having made an outstanding and lasting contribution to the happiness of the world'. He was made a Doctor of Letters by Oxford University in 1939 and in 1975, aged 93, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. He died shortly afterwards, on St Valentine's Day. A classic Jeeves and Wooster novel from P.G. Wodehouse, the great comic writer of the 20th century
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Carry On, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- Goodbye to All Cats: (Wodehouse Pick-Me-Up) Paperback $12.99
- Highballs for Breakfast Hardback $29.99
- Highballs for Breakfast Paperback $19.99
- Right Ho, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- Thank You, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- The Amazing Hat Mystery: (Wodehouse Pick-Me-Up) Paperback $12.99
- The Code of the Woosters: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- The Smile that Wins: (Wodehouse Pick-Me-Up) Paperback $12.99