Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster)
Paperback $19.99 - RANDOM HOUSE UK
Fiction - Published: 3/Sep/2018 - ISBN: 9781787461024
'P.G. Wodehouse remains the greatest chronicler of a certain kind of Englishness, that no one else has ever captured quite so sharply, or with quite as much wit and affection' Julian Fellowes
'Jeeves, of course, is a gentleman's gentleman, not a butler, but if the call comes, he can buttle with the best of them.'
Bertie's friend 'Stinker Pinker' needs his help. But helping his friend means venturing back into the dreaded Totleigh Towers and facing Sir Watkyn Bassett, his ghastly daughter Madeline and would-be dictator Roderick Spode once more. Despite having sworn never to set foot in there again, Bertie, true to form, answers the call of friendship.
But even the best laid plans can go awry and, as usual, the only one who can set this frightful adventure straight is Jeeves.
'A comic master' David Walliams Pelham Grenville Wodehouse (always known as 'Plum') wrote more than ninety novels and some three hundred short stories over 73 years. He is widely recognised as the greatest 20th-century writer of humour in the English language.
Perhaps best known for the escapades of Bertie Wooster and Jeeves, Wodehouse also created the world of Blandings Castle, home to Lord Emsworth and his cherished pig, the Empress of Blandings. His stories include gems concerning the irrepressible and disreputable Ukridge; Psmith, the elegant socialist; the ever-so-slightly-unscrupulous Fifth Earl of Ickenham, better known as Uncle Fred; and those related by Mr Mulliner, the charming raconteur of The Angler's Rest, and the Oldest Member at the Golf Club.
In 1936 he was awarded the Mark Twain Prize for 'having made an outstanding and lasting contribution to the happiness of the world'. He was made a Doctor of Letters by Oxford University in 1939 and in 1975, aged 93, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. He died shortly afterwards, on St Valentine's Day. A classic Jeeves and Wooster novel from P.G. Wodehouse, the great comic writer of the 20th century.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Carry On, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- Goodbye to All Cats: (Wodehouse Pick-Me-Up) Paperback $12.99
- Highballs for Breakfast Hardback $29.99
- Highballs for Breakfast Paperback $19.99
- Right Ho, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- Thank You, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- The Amazing Hat Mystery: (Wodehouse Pick-Me-Up) Paperback $12.99
- The Code of the Woosters: (Jeeves & Wooster) Paperback $19.99
- The Smile that Wins: (Wodehouse Pick-Me-Up) Paperback $12.99