Paperback $24.95 - Giramondo Publishing
Fiction - Published: 1/Nov/2017 - ISBN: 9781925336542
In a mirror of Murnane's own move from city to country, the narrator of Border Districts moves from capital city to remote town in the border district where he intends to spend the rest of his life. It is a time for exploring the enduring elements of his experience, as these exist in his mind, images whose persistence is assured, but whose significance needs to be rediscovered. Murnane’s images often draw their power from the light that falls upon them from a distant or mysterious source. But he also considers the possibility that the mind casts its own light, imbuing the images in the observer’s mind with the colours of his soul. As Murnane’s narrator declares, ‘the mind is a place best viewed from borderlands`.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Barley Patch Paperback $27.95
- Border Districts Paperback $24.95
- Gerald Murnane: Collected Short Fiction Paperback $34.95
- Inland Paperback $24.95
- Invisible Yet Enduring Lilacs Paperback $24.95
- Landscape with Landscape Paperback $26.95
- Lifetime on Clouds: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Plains Hardback $24.99
- Plains: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Something for the Pain: A Memoir of the Turf Paperback $23.99