Paperback $32.99 - Penguin Australia Pty Ltd
Fiction - Published: 28/Aug/2017 - ISBN: 9781926428826
On the outskirts of a town thirty miles from Istanbul, a master well digger and his young apprentice are hired to find water on a barren plain. As they struggle in the summer heat, excavating without luck, the two become close and come to depend on each other. But in the nearby town, where they buy provisions and take their evening break, the boy finds an irresistible diversion-The Red-Haired Woman, an alluring member of a travelling theatre company. In his distraction a horrible accident befalls the well digger and the boy flees, returning to Istanbul. Only years later will he discover whether he was in fact responsible for his master's death. A beguiling tale of family and romance, of east and west and tradition and modernity.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Istanbul Paperback $24.99
- Istanbul Hardback $49.99
- My Name is Red Paperback $19.99
- Red-Haired Woman Paperback $32.99
- Silent House Paperback $19.99
- Snow Paperback $19.99
- Strangeness in My Mind Paperback $22.99
- The Black Book Paperback $19.99
- The Museum of Innocence Paperback $19.99
- The White Castle Paperback $19.99