South and West
Paperback $19.99 - HarperCollins Publishers
Anthologies, Essays & Journals - Published: 24/Mar/2017 - ISBN: 9780008257286
Joan Didion has always kept notebooks: of overheard dialogue, observations, interviews, drafts of essays and articles. Here is one such draft that traces a road trip she took with her husband, John Gregory Dunne, in June 1970, through Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.She writes about the stifling heat, the almost viscous pace of life, the sulfurous light, and the preoccupation with race, class, and heritage she finds in the small towns they pass through. And from a different notebook: the "California Notes" that began as an assignment from Rolling Stone on the Patty Hearst trial of 1976. Here, too, is the beginning of her thinking about the West, its landscape, the western women who were heroic for her, and her own lineage, all of which would appear later in her acclaimed 2003 book, Where I Was From.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Anthologies, Essays & Journals titles.
- Book of Common Prayer Paperback $20.99
- Play It As It Lays Paperback $19.99
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem Paperback / softback $27.00
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem Paperback $19.99
- South and West Paperback $19.99
- The Year Of Magical Thinking Paperback $19.99
- White Album Paperback $19.99