Paperback $19.99 - Faber Factory
Fiction - Published: 1/Feb/2015 - ISBN: 9781782270508
Ten turning points in history, vividly sketched by the great Stefan Zweig. "Such dramatically concentrated, such fateful hours, in which a timeless decision hangs on a single date, a single hour, even just a single minute, rarely occur in everyday life, and only rarely in the course of history."..One of the twentieth century's great humanists and a hugely popular fiction writer, Stefan Zweig's historical works bring the past to life in brilliant Technicolor. This collection contains ten typically breathless and erudite dramatizations of some of the most pivotal episodes in human history...From General Grouchy's failure to intervene at Waterloo, to the miraculous resurrection of George Frideric Handel, this, Stefan Zweig's selection of historical turning points, newly translated by Anthea Bell, is idiosyncratic, fascinating and as always hugely readable...
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Chess (Reissue) Paperback $12.99
- Confusion Paperback $19.99
- Genius And Discovery Hardback $19.99
- Journey Into the Past Paperback $19.99
- Journeys Paperback $19.99
- Letter From An Unknown Woman And Other Stories Paperback $23.50
- Messages from a Lost World Paperback $19.99
- Post Office Girl $19.99
- Shooting Stars Paperback $19.99
- Society of Crossed Keys Paperback $21.00
- The World Of Yesterday Paperback $24.99
- Twenty-Four Hours In The Life Of A Woman Paperback $5.99