Paperback $29.99 - Pan Macmillan Australia
Fiction - Published: 1/Oct/2014 - ISBN: 9781743532195
It is the late 1960s in Ireland. Nora Webster is living in a small town, looking after her four children, trying to rebuild her life after the death of her husband. She's intelligent, at times difficult and impatient, at times kind, but she is trapped by her circumstances, and waiting for any chance which will lift her beyond them. Slowly, through music and the power of friendship, she finds a glimmer of hope and a way of starting again. Toibin's portrait of Nora is harrowing, insightful and tender in a novel that illuminates human compassion and sorrow.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Blackwater Lightship Paperback $22.95
- House of Names Hardback $29.99
- Mad, Bad, Dangerous to Know Hardback $29.99
- Mothers and Sons Paperback $22.95
- Nora Webster Paperback $29.99
- Nora Webster Paperback $19.99
- On Elizabeth Bishop Hardback $39.95
- Sign of the Cross Paperback $20.99
- South Paperback / softback $26.00
- Testament of Mary Hardback $19.99