Paperback $19.99 - HarperCollins Publishers
Fiction - Published: 1/Sep/2014 - ISBN: 9780732296391
The new novel from the Orange Prize-winning author of WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, this is the compelling and confronting story of a sister who risks her marriage to save her morbidly obese brother . When Pandora picks up her older brother Edison at her local Iowa airport, she literally doesn't recognize him. In the four years since the grown siblings last saw one another, the once slim, hip New York jazz pianist has gained hundreds of pounds. What happened? Worse, Edison's slovenly habits, appalling diet, and know-it-all monologues drive her health-and-fitness freak husband Fletcher insane. After the big blowhard of a brother-in-law has more than overstayed his welcome, Fletcher delivers his wife an ultimatum: it's him or me. Putting her marriage and two adoptive children on the line, Pandora chooses her brother - who, without her support in losing weight, will surely eat himself into an early grave. BIG BROTHER tackles a constellation of issues surrounding obesity: why we overeat, whether extreme diets ever work in the long run, and how we treat overweight people.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Big Brother Paperback $19.99
- Checker and the Derailleurs Paperback $19.99
- Game Control Paperback $19.99
- New Republic Paperback $29.99
- Ordinary Decent Criminals Paperback $22.99
- Property Paperback $29.99
- So Much for That Paperback $19.99
- The Mandibles: A Family, 2029-2047 Paperback $22.99
- The Mandibles: A Family, 2029-2047 Paperback $29.99
- The Standing Chandelier: A Novella Hardback $19.99
- We Need To Talk About Kevin Paperback $19.95