Travel - Published: 24/Nov/2003 - ISBN: 9780802140340
In this deliciously seductive account of an Italian neighborhood with a statue of the Virgin at one end of the street, a derelict bottle factory at the other, and a wealth of exotic flora and fauna in between, acclaimed novelist Tim Parks celebrates ten years of living with his wife, Rita, in Verona, Italy. More than a travel book, Italian Neighbors is a sparkling, witty, beautifully observed tale of how the most curious people and places gradually assume the familiarity of home. Selected as a New York Times Notable Book of the Year, Italian Neighbors is a rare work that manages to be both a portrait and an invitation for everyone who has ever dreamed about Italy.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Travel titles.
- A Literary Tour of Italy Paperback $21.99
- Calm: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- Italian Neighbors $29.00
- Life and Work Hardback $55.95
- Teach Us to Sit Still Paperback $24.99
- Thomas and Mary: A Love Story Paperback $19.99
- Where I'm Reading From: The Changing World of Books Hardback $34.99