Islands in the Stream
Paperback $22.99 - Random House UK
Fiction - Published: 2/Apr/2013 - ISBN: 9780099586630
Divided into three parts, Islands in the Stream is Hemingway's last work, originally published posthumously in 1970, nine years after his death. Thomas Hudson is an artist and adventurer. In the 1930s, Hudson is living in the Bimini Islands in the Gulf Stream. Separated from his sons for most of the year by their controlling mother, Hudson lives a life carved out by the rolling waves of the sea and the currents of the tide. When his sons come to visit the island, Hudson is forced to come to terms with his unfamiliar role as a father. This compelling novel follows Hudson's evolution from contemplative artist to antisubmarine adventurer during WWII. Hudson must face the harsh realities of life and death, alongside a cast of colourful and vivid characters, in war-time Cuba and at sea. Drawing on Hemingway's own experiences, Islands in the Stream combines one of his most complex and troubled characters with his most exquisite descriptions of nature, in a novel rich in both reflection and action.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Across the River and into the Trees Paperback $19.99
- Across the River and into the Trees Paperback $32.99
- By-Line Paperback $22.99
- Death in the Afternoon Paperback $14.99
- Farewell To Arms Paperback $14.99
- Farewell to Arms Paperback $15.99
- Farewell to Arms Paperback $14.99
- Fiesta Paperback $14.99
- Hemingway on War Paperback $12.99
- Islands in the Stream Paperback $22.99
- Islands in the Stream Paperback $19.99
- Moveable Feast Paperback $14.99
- Moveable Feast Paperback $19.99
- Old Man and the Sea Paperback $14.99
- Old Man and the Sea Paperback $19.99
- Snows of Kilimanjaro Paperback $14.99
- To Have and Have Not Paperback $19.99