Paperback $19.99 - Granta
Fiction - Published: 1/May/2013 - ISBN: 9781847087317
A funny and tender celebration of love in all its frailty, confusion and excess, from the author of Oranges are not the Only Fruit and Why be Happy When you Could be Normal? Travelling across the Atlantic on board the QE2, Alice -a bright, young physicist -meets Jove, short for Giovanni, one of the world's most respected experts on time travel and a confirmed lothario. By the time the pair land in New York, Alice has become Jove's mistress, an affair of the heart which is only complicated further when Alice meets Jove's, wife, Stella; a tempestuous beauty born with a diamond at the base of her spine. As this love triangle turns into a menage-a-trois, Alice, Stella and Jove struggle against the currents immersing them, while their romance pulls into its wake the stories of other generations, philosophies, quantum physics and time travel.
A celebration of the human heart in all its frailty, confusion and excess, Gut Symmetriesis a lyrical evocation of parallel lives, loves and universes, from one of Britain's best loved authors.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Courage Calls to Courage Everywhere Hardback $19.99
- Frankissstein: A Love Story Hardback $32.99
- Frankissstein: A Love Story Paperback $29.99
- Gut Symmetries Paperback $19.99
- Love: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- The Daylight Gate Paperback $22.99
- The Gap of Time: The Winter's Tale Retold (Hogarth Shakespeare) Paperback $22.99
- The Passion Paperback $19.99
- Weight Paperback $19.99
- Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? Paperback $19.99