The Colour of Memory
Paperback $19.99 - A&U CANONGATE
Fiction - Published: 1/Jan/2013 - ISBN: 9780857862716
'Not since Colin MacInnes's City of Spades and Absolute Beginners thirty years ago has a novel stuck a flick-knife so accurately into the young and marginal city' The Times 'In the race to be first in describing the lost generation of the 1980s, Geoff Dyer in The Colour of Memory leads past the winning post. 'We're not lost,' one of his hero's friend's says, 'we're virtually extinct'. It is a small world in Brixton that Dyer commemorates, of council flat and instant wasteland, of living on the dole and the scrounge, of mugging, which is merely begging by force, and of listening to Callas and Coltrane. It is the nostalgia of the DHSS Bohemians, the children of unsocial security, in an urban landscape of debris and wreckage. Not since Colin MacInnes's City of Spades and Absolute Beginners thirty years ago has a novel stuck a flick-knife so accurately into the young and marginal city. A low-keyed style and laconic wit touch up The Colour of Memory.' The Times
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Broadsword Calling Danny Boy: On Where Eagles Dare Paperback $19.99
- But Beautiful Paperback $19.99
- Out of Sheer Rage Paperback $22.99
- Paris Trance Paperback $19.99
- The Colour of Memory Paperback $19.99
- The Ongoing Moment Paperback $24.99
- The Search Paperback $19.99
- Zona: A Book About a Film About a Journey to a Room Paperback $22.95