Canterbury Tales: Retelling by Peter Ackroyd
$24.99 - Penguin UK
Classics - Published: 28/Jun/2010 - ISBN: 9780141442297
The Canterbury Tales is a major part of England's literary heritage. From the exuberant Wife of Bath's Arthurian legend to the Miller's worldly, ribald farce, these tales can be taken as a mirror of fourteenth-century London. Incorporating every style of medieval narrative - bawdy anecdote, allegorical fable and courtly romance - the tales encompass a blend of universal human themes. Ackroyd's retelling is a highly readable, prose version in modern English, using expletive and avoiding euphemism, making the Tales much more accessible to a new generation of readers. The edition also includes an introduction by Ackroyd, detailing some of the historical background to Chaucer and the Tales, and why he has been inspired to translate them for a new generation of readers.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Classics titles.
- Canterbury Tales: Retelling by Peter Ackroyd $24.99
- Civil War Paperback $22.99
- Foundation Paperback $22.99
- Queer City: Gay London from the Romans to the Present Day Paperback $29.99
- Revolution Paperback $34.99
- Revolution Paperback $22.99
- Three Brothers Paperback $19.99
- Tudors: A History of England Volume II Paperback $22.99