Honour & Other People's Children
Paperback $22.99 - Penguin Australia Pty Ltd
Fiction - Published: 2/Jun/2008 - ISBN: 9780143180050
In Honour & Other People's Children, Helen Garner examines the idiosyncratic and bothersome notions of honour by which her characters - adults and children - shape their untidy lives.
Honour is about a couple whose marriage, though abandoned in practice, persists in spirit. But the arrival of a new lover obliges them to make a proper separation and draw their child into the conflict.
Other People's Children is a witty, sad story of the breakdown of friendship between two women, Scotty and Ruth, and the collapse of their collective household. Scotty loves Ruth's daughter as only the childless can love other people's children, but the broken friendship leaves Scotty with no claims. Into this mess blunders Madigan, looking for something that Scotty has long ago trained herself not to give.Helen Garner was born in Geelong in 1942, and has been writing and publishing since her first book, Monkey Grip, came out in 1977.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Cosmo Cosmolino: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Everywhere I Look Paperback $29.99
- Feel Of Steel Paperback $24.95
- First Stone Paperback $22.95
- Honour & Other People's Children Paperback $22.99
- Joe Cinque's Consolation Paperback $24.95
- Monkey Grip Paperback $12.99
- Regions of Thick-Ribbed Ice: Short Black 4 Paperback $6.99
- The Spare Room Paperback $23.95
- This House of Grief: The Story of a Murder Trial Paperback $23.99