Paperback $24.99 - Penguin Australia Pty Ltd
Australian Non Fiction - Published: 3/Oct/2016 - ISBN: 9781926428697
Starting with his forebears' battle to drive back nature and eke a living from the land, Don Watson explores the bush as it was and as it now is: the triumphs and the ruination, the commonplace and the bizarre, the stories we like to tell about ourselves and the national character, and those we don't. Via mountain ash and mallee, the birds and the beasts, slaughter, fire, flood and drought, swagmen, sheep and their shepherds, the strange and the familiar, the tragedies and the follies, the crimes and the myths and the hope - The Bush lets us see our landscape and its inhabitants afresh, examining what we have made, what we have destroyed, and what we have become in the process.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Australian Non Fiction titles.
- Caledonia Australis: Scottish Highlanders On The Frontier Of Aust Paperback $19.99
- Enemy Within : Quartely Essay 63 Paperback $22.99
- Recollections Of A Bleeding Heart 10Th Anniversary Edition Paperback $29.99
- Single Tree Hardback $45.00
- The Bush Paperback $24.99
- Watson's Dictionary Of Weasel Words Paperback $19.99