Paperback $22.95 - Pan Macmillan Australia
Philosophy, Politics & Current Affairs - Published: 1/Apr/1995 - ISBN: 9780330355834
In the autumn of 1992, two young women students at Melbourne University went to the police claiming that they had been indecently assaulted at a party. The man they accused was the head of their co-ed residential college. The shock of these charges split the community and painfully focused the debate about sex and power. 'This was never going to be an easy book to write, its pages are bathed in anguish and self-doubt, but suffused also with a white-hot anger' - GOOD WEEKEND 'Travelling with Garner along the complex paths of this sad story is, strangely enough, enjoyable. The First Stone [is] a book worth reading for its writing' - SYDNEY MORNING HERALD ' ...Garner has ensured one thing: the debate about sexual harassment ...will now have a very public airing. And it will have it in the language of experience to which all women and men have access ...' - AGE
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Philosophy, Politics & Current Affairs titles.
- Cosmo Cosmolino: Text Classics Paperback $12.95
- Everywhere I Look Paperback $29.99
- Feel Of Steel Paperback $24.95
- First Stone Paperback $22.95
- Honour & Other People's Children Paperback $22.99
- Joe Cinque's Consolation Paperback $24.95
- Monkey Grip Paperback $12.99
- Regions of Thick-Ribbed Ice: Short Black 4 Paperback $6.99
- The Spare Room Paperback $23.95
- This House of Grief: The Story of a Murder Trial Paperback $23.99