Hardback $39.99 - Bloomsbury
Art & Design - Published: 1/Dec/2015 - ISBN: 9781784781767
A major history of art from one of the world's leading writers and art critics. One of the world's most celebrated art writers, John Berger takes us through centuries of art in this distinctive history that will enlighten and inspire. In Portraits, Berger connects art and history in revolutionary ways, from the prehistoric paintings of the Chauvet caves to Cy Twombly's radical work. In his penetrating and singular prose, Berger presents entirely new ways of thinking about art history, and artists both canonized and obscure,from Rembrandt, to Henry Moore, Jackson Pollock to Picasso. Throughout, Berger maintains the essential connection between politics, art and the wider study of culture. A beautifully illustrated walk through many centuries of visual culture from one of the contemporary world's most incisive critical voices.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Art & Design titles.
- And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief Paperback $23.95
- And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief as Photos Paperback $26.50
- Bento's Sketchbook Paperback $29.99
- Confabulations Paperback $16.99
- G Paperback $19.99
- G: a Novel Paperback $32.00
- Hold Everything Dear Paperback $19.99
- Landscapes Hardback $34.99
- Portraits Hardback $39.99
- Selected Essays of John Berger Paperback $35.00
- To the Wedding Paperback $23.99