Paperback $19.99 - Random House UK
Fiction - Published: 3/Nov/2014 - ISBN: 9780099566038
Three Brothers follows the fortunes of Harry, Daniel and Sam Hanway, born on a post-war council estate in Camden Town. Marked out from the start by curious coincidence, each boy is forced to make his own way in the world - a world of dodgy deals and big business, of criminal gangs and crooked landlords, of newspaper magnates, back-biters and petty thieves. London is the backdrop and the connecting fabric of these three lives, reinforcing Ackroyd's grand theme that place and history create, surround and engulf us. From bustling, cut-throat Fleet Street to hallowed London publishing houses, from the wealth and corruption of Chelsea to the smoky shadows of Limehouse and Hackney, this is an exploration of the city, peering down its streets, riding on its underground, and drinking in its pubs and clubs. Everything is possible - not only in the new freedom of the 1960s but also in London's timeless past.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Fiction titles.
- Canterbury Tales: Retelling by Peter Ackroyd $24.99
- Civil War Paperback $22.99
- Foundation Paperback $22.99
- Queer City: Gay London from the Romans to the Present Day Paperback $29.99
- Revolution Paperback $34.99
- Three Brothers Paperback $19.99
- Tudors: A History of England Volume II Paperback $22.99