Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo
Paperback $19.99 - Random House UK
Travel - Published: 2/Jun/2014 - ISBN: 9780099584254
'To see the country by train is to consider the crux of the essential Italian dilemma: Is Italy part of the modern world, or not?' In Italian Ways, Tim Parks brings us a fresh portrait of Italy today through a wry account of its train system. Whether describing his daily commute from Milan to Verona, his regular trips to Florence and Rome, or his occasional sojourns to Naples and Sicily, Parks uses his thirty years of amusing and maddening experiences on Italian trains to reveal what he calls the 'charmingly irritating dystopian paradise' of Italy.
Email us or call us on (03) 9662 1396 to enquire about this book.
View more Travel titles.
- A Literary Tour of Italy Paperback $21.99
- Calm: Vintage Minis Paperback $7.99
- Italian Neighbors $27.50
- Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo Paperback $19.99
- Life and Work Hardback $55.95
- Teach Us to Sit Still Paperback $24.99
- Thomas and Mary: A Love Story Paperback $19.99
- Where I'm Reading From: The Changing World of Books Hardback $34.99